How to remove cookies in Mozilla Firefox
The cookies are temporary files which store the information about the sites you visit via web-browser, the login credentials and other data. In this article I will describe how to remove cookies in Mozilla Firefox.
How to delete cookies for a single web-site in Mozilla Firefox?
If you want to get rid of the cookies corresponding to a single web-resource:
- open the main menu button with three lines on it and select the “Options” category.
- reveal the “Privacy” panel.
- in the “Firefox will:” field choose the “Use custom settings for history” value from the list. When the field value is selected, click the “Show cookies” button in the right part of the active form.
- when the “Cookies” form is opened, click the “Search” field and input the word, which will be processed during the searching of the corresponding sites for the cookies deletion.
- make a selection from the list and click “Remove selected” button. If you need to check in all cookies from the list, choose the first cookie and use the “Shift+End” hotkeys combination.
- click the “Close” button to close the active form.
How to delete all cookies from the Mozilla Firefox browser?
Here’s the alternative variant to perform the same action:
- click the context menu button with three horizontal lines on it and select the “History” menu item.
- click the “Clear recent history” menu item from the pop-up list.
- in the “Time range to clear” list select “Everything” value.
- in the lower form section mark with the checkboxes the objects, which you want to delete. In our case this will be the “Cookies” object. Make sure, that no other options are selected, if you don’t want to remove anything else. When everything is ready, click the “Clear now” button.
The last optional method is related to the installation of distinct add-on, which allows to easily clear all cookies for a single web-site in a single click. In order to add the extension to your plugins library open the following link in Firefox, review the description of the add-on operations and click the “Add to Firefox” button.
Now, when you have completely setup the described plugin for the browser, let’s try to delete cookies for one of the web-sites. In order to do that, make a right click anywhere on the active web-site form and choose the “Remove Cookies for Site” menu item.
That was the instruction how to clear cookies in Mozilla Firefox. Hopefully, you will consider it useful and handy in any situation, when you want to get rid of the personal data from your web-navigator.
Downloads How to remove cookies in Mozilla Firefox?
Share the page on your site: